Post 6

. This is the page for the Creative Writing class at my previous high school, Lakewood Ranch High School. I took Creative Writing my senior year and was around for when the page was created. It features posts about events involving Ms. Hargen, the teacher, and her class like the annual poetry slam, and how to submit to the school's literary magazine (I had the privilege of being published in it the first time it was made available online). It also features resources from Ms. Hargen's class for students who have missed or want to refamiliarize themselves with the material discussed in class.

https://lrhscreativewriting.wordpress.com

. I envision myself using technology a lot in my classroom but mainly for grading. As a high school English teacher I will probably have 100-200 students a day and that involves grading their papers. The rubric technology mentioned in the podcast would seem extremely helpful for me when grading papers and for students to see the feedback I have given instead of handwriting the comments on 100-200 papers individually. It would also save me time for actually developing a rubric for my paper grading which would leave me more time to study the students' papers and give the appropriate grade.

. A technology from the Technology Sandbox that I think could be useful in the classroom is the Smart Board. This technology allows for new and fun ways to teach lessons and gives a certain level of interaction that you can't get from a traditional whiteboard. There also apps and games that can be downloaded that can help students with topics being learned in class. This technology also can facilitate involvement from the whole class although it does have its limitations. For example, a girl in my tour group talked about how her teacher would put up a poem or excerpt on the Smart Board and students had to come up and annotate it which would be a possibility for me since I aspire to go into teaching high school English.


Comments