Post 10

. Through personal experience with high school classrooms, I really only see myself using data collection to conduct surveys like an end-of-the-year survey to see if students enjoyed being in my class and liked or disliked the assignments I provided, or a survey to see which book(s) my students would prefer to read since I would like to teach English and will probably have many books that my students will read throughout the year. I could see many more applications for data collection and/or reporting schools for younger age levels.

. Since most of mine and my classmates' blogs are on similar topics, I found it interesting to see their different opinions on the same topics. It was also interesting to see fellow classmates who desired to be teachers talk about the technologies we have learned about and how their applications differed from mine. Although I desire to teach high school, I have been exposed to the inner workings of elementary school classrooms which is an area a lot of my classmates want to go into so it was helpful to get differing opinions and ideas that I could possibly use myself in high school classrooms.

. A technology-related skill I would like to learn next is the best way to use PC-technology on a Mac. I see myself using my personal Mac computer when I teach but I also imagine I will have a PC at my desk which is what most teachers have in their classrooms today. It is hard sometimes when switching back and forth and the file format can occasionally become warped or appear different depending on which computer it is on. I plan to achieve this goal by doing research and actually asking my friends and family how they go back and forth between Mac's and PC's.

Comments