Post 5

. I think YouTube and blogging are two examples of Web 2.0 tools that I think can be extremely useful in the classroom. For example, in my AP U.S. History class in high school, my teacher would play videos on YouTube to help us review for upcoming tests. They were very helpful and since they were on YouTube, they could be easily accessed outside of class if we wanted to review further. YouTube can have helpful review videos and tutorials for teachers to use in the classroom. I could use YouTube to show my students a quick video about grammar or review a section of a particular novel we are reading. Blogging can also be a useful Web 2.0 tool. Similar to the article I read for class, blogging can be an easy way to get everyone involved in the classroom. I, myself being a shy introvert, was very reluctant to speak out during class and blogging gives students like me a platform to engage with others and participate in beneficial social interaction. It also gives teachers a platform to exchange ideas for lessons and activities if it is hard for all teachers to meet in person.

. An interesting Web 2.0 tool I might use in my classroom is one I found when I was doing one of our graded in-class assignments. It's called Quill and it's perfect for a middle or high school classrooms. It's an online program that provides a number of English related activities, from grammar, spelling, punctuation, up to proofreading and citing sources. The website itself is fun and colorful and would be a great addition to any English classroom.
https://www.quill.org

. The technological advancement I believe holds the biggest promise for education is the open content technology. A main factor of education and most career paths is collaboration. Open content technologies, for example, Google Docs, allow collaboration through all types of relationships from teacher-student, employer-employee, etc. Technologies like these provide a forum for people to connect and share ideas from any place at any time. This type of technology can be used for group projects, after-school clubs, teachers who plan in groups, or anyone who is searching for a means of communication between students or groups of students.

Comments

  1. My teachers used the same tools in their teachings. YouTube is very useful in helping students learn. Really cool Web 2.0 tool you found. It would be great for almost any classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that blogging is a great web 2.0 tool to use in the class! They encourage discussion about content and allow students to develop their learning communities!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment